Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashtown Roundabout to The Quays Commuting Time

Options
  • 20-11-2013 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I usually cycle to work in Park West but with the weather getting bad I'm not sure if I'm up for fighting against the wind and rain every morning. I've heard the 79A to Park West takes a very long route. The train is pretty handy as it's quick but there aren't many services. I would probably stick to getting the train from Heuston but I was just wondering what traffic is like for buses in the morning on the Navan road to the quays? As there are no bus lanes on the way towards town I would imagine it could take awhile.

Also does anyone know from experience about traffic differences say for 7.30 and 8.30?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

ajones wrote: »
    I usually cycle to work in Park West but with the weather getting bad I'm not sure if I'm up for fighting against the wind and rain every morning. I've heard the 79A to Park West takes a very long route. The train is pretty handy as it's quick but there aren't many services. I would probably stick to getting the train from Heuston but I was just wondering what traffic is like for buses in the morning on the Navan road to the quays? As there are no bus lanes on the way towards town I would imagine it could take awhile.

Also does anyone know from experience about traffic differences say for 7.30 and 8.30?

Thanks in advance!

There is a bus lane on Manor Street towards James Joyce Bridge on the quay so your commute won't take that long. You should be looking at 20 minutes to the quays and less at 7:30AM. If you get the 79/A, you may be quicker to get off at Kylemore Road and to walk from there if you are at the city end of the estate.

Another option is a train to Tara Street or Docklands and a 151; this will however take a fair bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

There is a bus lane all the way along the Navan road from Ashtown. Traffic starts to build up at them times but it should take you around 20 mins or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The 39/39a are scheduled to take 12 minutes from Ashtown Roundabout to Blackhall Place at 07:30, and 20 minutes at 08:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ajones

Ah that's not so bad! I thought it might take over a half an hour. Thanks for the replies!

Advertisement