Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving

Options
  • 20-11-2013 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been posted before I cant seem to find it.

I have been off beer for a while now and want to continue really as I have no want to go out and get anyway drunk. Just doing it so I will have my wits about me when meeting new people etc etc

My question is, I have an event in college tonight and of course its a big early christmas drinking session and its my first night out since I stopped drinking actually. I was planning on going on the water but was considering like Non Alcoholic beer like erdinger or becks or something like that.

There is always a strong guard presence on the roads surrounding these events to ensure students arent drink driving. If I have like the smell of beer off me would I be pulled out of the car by the guards? I intend to be the DD doing the driving tonight and probably will have a few in the car heading for town that wold have had a few pints on them.

Would like a few non alcoholic bottles but dont want to draw atttention to myself on the road either?

Thanks,
    Gary

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Well done on giving it up :)

Sure if the beers are NA then you're in the clear anyway.. so why would it bother you if you get pulled and breathalyzed? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

xzanti wrote: »
    Well done on giving it up :)

Sure if the beers are NA then you're in the clear anyway.. so why would it bother you if you get pulled and breathalyzed? :confused:

I just find the whole Spanish Inquisition from the guards embarrassing to be honest making you feel like a criminal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

there is nothing to be embarrased about, they can tell pretty easily when someone has been drinking or not.

When asked, just say you had a few NA's. I did the same a couple of christmas's ago and there was no hassle when I was driving to may parents place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Update

I went out and had a few, was actually stopped by the guards after all and all was fine, they understood and actually said well done for not boozing :/ so yeah, 100% ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

ghogie91 wrote: »
    Update

I went out and had a few, was actually stopped by the guards after all and all was fine, they understood and actually said well done for not boozing :/ so yeah, 100% ok

well done.

A friend of mine (who actually is a guard) said they've seen a huge increase in people on the NA stuff, and that it is really easy to tell someone who has even had just one guinness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement