Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Unearthly Child Ep 1 of 4. Thurs 10:30pm -00:05 BBC Four

Options
  • 20-11-2013 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

I Suppose with the 50th coming up at the w/end, they had to show where it all started.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00jxl63

An Unearthly Child

p00v27q6.jpg

Season 1, An Unearthly Child Episode 1 of 4

Duration: 25 minutes
    After discussing a strange pupil, Susan Foreman, teachers Ian and Barbara follow her to a junkyard. They meet her grandfather, the Doctor, and force their way inside a police box with frightening results.

The Cave of Skulls

p00v27r9.jpg

Season 1, An Unearthly Child Episode 2 of 4

Duration: 20 minutes
    Ian and Barbara are aboard the TARDIS uninvited. The Doctor ignores Susan's pleas to let them go. The TARDIS takes off and travels back to Stone Age times, where the crew make the mistake of venturing outside.

The Forest of Fear

p00v27s2.jpg

Season 1, An Unearthly Child Episode 3 of 4

The Doctor and crew leave the TARDIS to explore their new surroundings, but are soon captured, thrown in a cave and threatened with death. They only have the secret of fire to bargain with.

The Firemaker

p00vcx0q.jpg

Season 1, An Unearthly Child Episode 4 of 4

The Doctor and his companions use guile and cunning to escape death at the hands of their Stone Age captors. The Doctor decides that the only way to escape is to show the cave dwellers how to make fire.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Patty, you are a legend to keep bringing these things to our attention, I certainly would have missed most of them if it hadn't been for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I just got lucky, I had a lot of free time this week as the house was free, i got half of it from the 50th guide & some from the many 'Dr Who' sites as one link lead to another as there was that much info i came across, i felt like Rose Tyler when she looked into the vortex from the Tardis, oh my head! :P

Also the amazing thing is that its gonna be shown simultaneously in 75 countries & growing :eek: & while its nestled between two big events in the US this w/end JFK 50 & HungerGames2, this is the one they'll be talking about :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Also the amazing thing is that its gonna be shown simultaneously in 75 countries & growing :eek: & while its nestled between two big events in the US this w/end JFK 50 & HungerGames2, this is the one they'll be talking about :cool:

I had the radio on in the background this morning and perked up when they mentioned that they would be talking about the 50th Anniversary but then it turned to be just JFK stuff. Disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

nestled between two big events in the US this w/end JFK 50 & HungerGames2, this is the one they'll be talking about :cool:

I can buy tickets for the Hunger Games opening night tomorrow in the nearest cinema but Dr Who is sold out on Monday - going to be driving a fair bit to the nearest place that still had tickets available!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

The cave of skulls was actually quiet good but acting over all was awful at times they were calling each other by there real names :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement