Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donation advice

Options
  • 20-11-2013 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi ,
    I am new to boards. I would like some help on organising some Christmas hampers for different causes .. I am a special Olympics coach and would like to give the teenager and young adult athletes some age appropriate gifts/prizes for Christmas. I have also been in hospital and would like to thank the nurses again possibly making hampers for them ... Here's my problem, I need donations for these as I am not back on full pay as my sick scheme in work has finished.
    Does anybody have suggestions to companies or ways to get items to put in for our athletes and my very kind nurses ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

What about organising a kris krindle type thing between the athletes? That way they're all involved, everyone gets a gift and no one shoulders any huge cost.

Or perhaps contact a local shopping centre, ask about putting in a Christmas Tree in aid of the Special Olympics. You could have cards on the tree with gender and age and people go off and buy a gift and leave it under the tree (that would need to be agreed with security of the shopping centre I'm sure).

As for the nurses in hospitals, I have seen posts on boards before from nurses saying that a card with something nice written in it is lovely or that a fruit basket is very welcome as they get too many chocolates. If your budget only stretches to a card then I think that's more than acceptable.

Advertisement