Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flyl4l.com..?

Options
  • 19-11-2013 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Anyone ever used flyl4l.com?

An American based company that are not a regular travel agency but what is known as 'mileage brokers'. We resell bulk frequent flyer miles as deeply discounted first and business class air tickets.

Thinking of purchasing business class flights through them but worried its a scam....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I would strongly urge against using these kind of brokerages - the bartering or selling of frequent flyer miles is strictly against the terms and conditions of mileage programs - worst case scenarios: your flight being cancelled by the airline when a discrepancy with mileage occurs or being chased for the full first/business fare.

while I am sure some people have used them successfully, it's not a risk I would be prepared to take.

I would strongly urge against using these kind of brokerages - the bartering or selling of frequent flyer miles is strictly against the terms and conditions of mileage programs - worst case scenarios: your flight being cancelled by the airline when a discrepancy with mileage occurs or being chased for the full first/business fare.

while I am sure some people have used them successfully, it's not a risk I would be prepared to take.

Just do a charge back in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Just do a charge back in that case.

that's not much use if you are 5,000 miles away from home and have to buy a walk-up fare ;)

that's not much use if you are 5,000 miles away from home and have to buy a walk-up fare ;)

It's not possible for the Airline to cancel half the ticket.

Just like its not possible for you to use only part of outgoing leg ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement