Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specialized chicane saddle

Options
  • 19-11-2013 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Been riding the specialized romin saddle for the last nine months, and find it very comfortable for the first three hours of a ride, but If I'm out any longer than 3 hrs it gradually becomes a pain in the arse.

In its defense, the romin saddle is the first saddle Ive ever ridden thats never given me saddle sores, regardless of how many hours Ive sat on it.

It just seems that the almost total lack of padding eventually begins to cause the aforementioned discomfort after three hours.

I hear specialized have a newer model called the chicane in it's range that was developed for the pro peleton. It apparently has a little more padding that was requested by their sponsored pro's. And it still comes in multiple widths just like all specialized saddles do. But unfortunately it's not available to buy in the UK and Ireland for 2014.

My question is, has anyone managed to order one from mainland europe where they are available?

Comments

Advertisement