Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music assignment help ????

Options
  • 19-11-2013 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I'm doing an assignment for music industry studies and one of the questions is "list five people(or a band, record producer, manager) who have a had significance in the music industry during the last five years (from 2009 to 2013) ??
    And to show how their siginificant, like what they done.

Anyone help????? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Evancoyle

The easy answer and believe me I am not a fan would be jedward, managed by mr Louis Walsh .
    Look at the way the children reacted to 2 lads who hadn't one note in their head, and couldn't play anything.
    But to their credit they don't use bad language, play simple catchy songs, don't offend anyone make a lot of money, work hard, and are very popular.
    They were on big brother I think and have been interviewed by all the top.
    Not sure if this is any use but they did a lot better than the winner of the X factor who ever that was...not a fan of X factor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Evancoyle wrote: »
    The easy answer and believe me I am not a fan would be jedward, managed by mr Louis Walsh .
    Look at the way the children reacted to 2 lads who hadn't one note in their head, and couldn't play anything.
    But to their credit they don't use bad language, play simple catchy songs, don't offend anyone make a lot of money, work hard, and are very popular.
    They were on big brother I think and have been interviewed by all the top.
    Not sure if this is any use but they did a lot better than the winner of the X factor who ever that was...not a fan of X factor

You have got to be joking.

Daft Punk, Pharrell Williams, Arcade Fire...

Do your own homework anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Birneybau wrote: »
    You have got to be joking.

Daft Punk, Pharrell Williams, Arcade Fire...

Do your own homework anyway.
    Actually he's not too far off. The key word here being industry, i.e. the part of the music universe primarily concerned with making money over art.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I'm doing an assignment for music industry studies and one of the questions is "list five people(or a band, record producer, manager) who have a had significance in the music industry during the last five years (from 2009 to 2013) ??
    And to show how their siginificant, like what they done.

Anyone help????? thanks

Can you not think of five people from that period whos work you like (or just have a strong opinion of..)?

Then think of how they impacted the industry?

I - or somebody else - can spew five names at you, but you might not like or care about their work, so researching your assingment wont be enjoyable.

Advertisement