Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cyanogen

Options
  • 19-11-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

so im sick of the s3 being a slow wreck since the update, so i decided to install cyanogen mod, made a bollox of it as i never backed up my apps etc correctly but anyway its done now and working like a proper s3, what would ye recommend i do now to make most of s3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I never backup my apps, once I sign in they'll automatically download from the playstore anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I never backup my apps, once I sign in they'll automatically download from the playstore anyway.

my contacts are on the phone, all apps and msgs etc are gone

jap gt wrote: »
    my contacts are on the phone, all apps and msgs etc are gone

Why not move them to your Google contacts so you'll have them no matter what happens?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Why not move them to your Google contacts so you'll have them no matter what happens?

they are, all my contacts downloaded to the phone when i signed back into google, but nothing else

jap gt wrote: »
    they are, all my contacts downloaded to the phone when i signed back into google, but nothing else

Ah, get ya. When you said your contacts are on the phone that you meant that's where they were stored and hence now they're gone. Yeah, my SMS messages get lost but I never have anything important in them these days, so just don't bother backing them up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

If your apps didn't automatically update (happens to me sometimes when switching between roms) you can go into the play store and swipe left to right, select "my apps", and you'll see all your apps. You'll have to manually download them, but it's actually a handy way to purge all the shite you don't use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Also did you download and flash the gapps package from cyanogen? I presume you did as your contacts are back,but if not you'll need that the get the google apps back (play, gmail, drive, maps etc.). Your apps might come back if you do that

yeah my app history is in play store but as im downloading them they are empty same as first day download, anyway i didnt lose that much

what would ye recommend i add to get best of my s3

Advertisement