Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reinstalling Windows

Options
  • 19-11-2013 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I have had a dual-boot(well, nearly 5 OS's) system for a while, and I tried to install Kali linux and get rid of back track, but in one of the steps, i think it said "Do you want to overwrite the Master Boot Record" or something like that, i accidentally clicked yes, then windows wouldn't boot for me so I tried to do a fresh install. First I completely cleared my hard-drives and began. When I got to the step of clicking install, it says "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition", and refuses to install. All I have now is ubuntu and I want windows back, any suggestions???
    Thanks to everyone for your reply's,
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

try using Gparted to see what is your poor drive looks like with 5 OS's on it at one point. its prob cant font the logical block it requires to install wondows onto

• Registered Users Posts: 2 monkeyboy135

I have two hard drives, one had windows and ubuntu and the others had the other OS's, I went through a whole process of clearing my hardrive in teh installation cd and marking it as active etc. And what am I to look for in GParted :P

Advertisement