Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was/is the Late Date theme tune?

Options
  • 19-11-2013 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I haven't heard Late Date in years but I was just wondering if anyone could identify the Late Date intro theme tune. Was it a tune written specifically for the show or was it sampled from an original tune?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 johnnyvee

If it's the ol' Val Joyce one it's called Husby's Rag by the Orf Big Band

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭fluke

Ye know I think that's it. Now all I have to do is find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

fluke wrote: »
    Ye know I think that's it. Now all I have to do is find it!
    Any luck with this?

Incidentally, Orf should be 'ORF', or more properly 'ÖRF', which is the Austrian RTÉ.
    (Sorry for the old thread drag-up)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Old Themes

This may be of use to you. It is possible to listen back on the RTE Player at:

radio1/late-date/programmes/2015/0908/726605-late-date-tuesday-8-september-2015/

Husby's Rag was played on the Late Date of Sept 9th 2015 and is available on the rte player on the above link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭fluke

Old Themes wrote: »

radio1/late-date/programmes/2015/0908/726605-late-date-tuesday-8-september-2015/

Husby's Rag was played on the Late Date of Sept 9th 2015 and is available on the rte player on the above link

Thanks very much. Will try play that today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

It's not the entire show, sadly. So, the last few songs, including Husby's Rag can't be heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Old Themes

Hi Trebor176,

I should have mentioned that it is at 2hrs and 8 minutes into the broadcast. The list of tracks played suggests that it was the last track played but this is not correct.

I have just checked again and it is available to listen back as of January 4th 2018.

Hope you can access this and enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Hi Trebor176,

I should have mentioned that it is at 2hrs and 8 minutes into the broadcast. The list of tracks played suggests that it was the last track played but this is not correct.

I have just checked again and it is available to listen back as of January 4th 2018.

Hope you can access this and enjoy

Yes, thank you for that. I am listening to it now, and it finally solves the mystery, and it's nice to hear it in its entirety :) I don't think Alf played this at the start of his shows, but Lillian and Fiachna usually did. Now, we have the new theme music that both Cathal and Fiachna play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gercremore

Anyone still looking for this track?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gercremore

.......if yes......get in touch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭RINO87

What the fcuk did you just make me listen to 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Hahaha completely misread the title as ‘Late Late’ 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RayserSharp

Wasn't the theme music called To whom it concerns? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inJ-a-H0edQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭RINO87

The current one is the xx I think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭squonk

To Whom It Concerns by Chris Andrew’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Glaceon

The version used by the Late Late isn't the Chris Andrews one though, it was a cover by The Ken Woodman Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭gipi

Yes, it's the XX that Cathal Murray uses as his theme on Late Date.

Advertisement