Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police Certification Application for IEC 2014

Options
  • 19-11-2013 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

So I decided to start getting things together now for the application process and I know that this documents needed at some point.

Problem is the local garda station wont accept it unless i have additional documents with it (on the form this is listed as: any other documents which may support your application, (i.e. Request document from Embassy of Foreign Authority)). Has anyone else got this sorted already and can advise on what I need for this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gilyb

Just seeing this now, I am having a similar problem, did you get this sorted? What other document did you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dillers

so i found this form through another boards post and when i went back to the station they made it seem like i didnt actually need it. i just think it depends on what garda is on when you go in. so the things i needed were:

-passport
    -birth cert
    -stamped address envelope
    -the following form (again it depends but better to have it and not need it)

the forms available here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/PC_LetterA_e.pdf

they told me the whole process can take two weeks but is usually quicker. best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gilyb

that looks perfect, thanks a mill for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Louise Jordan

I think it depends on what Garda you get, I called in asking if they had the forms assuming I'd need to bring it home, fill it in and return it with supporting documents. This was on a Sunday....

He let me fill out the form there and then and I only had my drivers licence on me so he took a copy of that and told me it would be enough.

I didn't have the stamped addressed envelope or anything and it arrived in the post the following Wednesday.

I'd go back at another time and try a different Garda

Advertisement