Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Free Android Games

Options
  • 19-11-2013 3:39pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hola! Thought it would be good for a list of recommended Android games

Dumb Ways to Die - Kind of like a Wario Ware clone, good fun.

Temple Run 2 - Always a solid time killer :P

Asphalt 8 - Probably the best F2P racing game on Android at the mo.

CSR Racing - Another good F2P racer.

My Little Pony - Just because.

Feel free to add more! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

are you a Pegasister?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Dead Tigger ( zombie fps )
    Dead Trigger 2 ( Bigger and better zombie fps)
    Real Racing 3 ( great racing regularly updated )
    Into the dead ( run from zombies fairly stylish IMO)
    Aces of the Luftwaffe ( 1942 clone very good top down shooter )
    Dead on arrival 2 ( zombies again ) splatter fest

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I have trouble finding anything that really holds my attention. Makes me jealous of the ios appstore. More profit and less hassle so they've a better selection.

Carmageddon is great. I played that until I'd everything finished which I can't say for the other games.

Stickman Golf 2 is alright for a while. Later it gets quite frustrating.

Air Control is a nice clone of Air Traffic Controller.

Gridrunner (not on app store) is good if you like old arcade games/centipede. Bit more suited to tablet than phone perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stuartdevereux

I recently downloaded Marvel puzzle quest: Dark reign: its cool match 3 kind of game but you have to match tiles to attack your enemies with your marvel heroes pretty cool

This game is pretty cool as well, its f2p puzzle game Super happy toy rescue : name is bit much ha buts a pretty cool puzzle game if match 3 isnt your type of thing and want an actual puzzle to solve

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

New Star Soccer is excellent. Wasted loads of time on it, until my player was scoring 4 or 5 goals a game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Kiith wrote: »
    New Star Soccer is excellent. Wasted loads of time on it, until my player was scoring 4 or 5 goals a game.

I hate you!!!
    I am addicted akready

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

At the moment im playing Marvel: War of Heroes (Its a card collecting type game, new events every week and really easy to get into)

And also Transformers, same type of game as the above but brings back so many good memories and even reminds me of plenty of characters i forgot about.

Simpsons Tapped out must get a mention but I hasnt allowed me to open the game in months :(

Ruzzle is the game that I've put most time into on android. Best boggle / word type out there. Simple and addictive. Paid version available also which removes all ads and adds more stats, allows you to have unlimited games on the go at the same time etc.
    You play against other players in a 2 minute timed word search. Very clever matching system. Way way better than scramble with friends which has stupid powerup type things that make it unbalanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Just started playing Heroes of Dragon Age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Simpsons Tapped out must get a mention but I hasnt allowed me to open the game in months :(
    Was having this issue for a while recently until I cleared the game's cache, then it worked fine, worth a try?

New port of Sonic 2 came out yesterday. 60fps, polygon bonus stages, they put Hidden Palace back in. Put in time trials and 2p over the internet. It's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This thread is for free games. Sonic 2 is €2.67.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

Only do free games, and so this is a list of a few on my phone atm. Apologies if some have become paid, they werent always..!

Pocket Trains :: is a nice little addictive one
    Plants vs Zombies 2 :: of course
    Grabatron
    Hungry Shark
    Galaxy on Fire 2 HD
    Pitfall
    Pixel Dungeon :: great rogue-like game, early stages, but frequently updated)

Thread was originally just recommended android games? F2P often means more expensive if you actually want to play the thing properly. There are so few good android games I don't see need for distinction. Anyway don't want to be seen to bicker I'll keep it to free ones from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Train Crisis is an addictive little game. Very good though

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Doom and Destiny, an RPG, is free app for today on Amazon market, it's 2.99 on play and has a 4.8 Rating, well worth picking up for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Is there anything out there in a Harvest Moon vibe (ie tending crops to improve quality and diversity, make money, expand farm, repeat) that doesn't turn into "wait 10 hours, add 100 friends or pay us €20 to progress" within a couple of days of play? Almost all the farming games seem to be Facebook-esque timer-based slogs.

Also looking for anything in a pokemon / jrpg stylee that lets me recruit and train and statgrind animals, monsters, fruit, furniture... I'm not fussy. your help is appreciated.

Someone mentioned Pocket Trains earlier, Pocket Planes from Nimblebit is the same kind of thing but as the only thing limiting your route between cities is your plane's fuel capacity, you can be more creative about how you deliver your cargo. But they're basically the same game

Also from Nimblebit, Nimble Quest is a bit of fun - it's basically Snake reimagined as an RPG. Unless you're a very accomplished Snake player you might find it difficult to unlock some of the additional characters, limiting your max party size unless you're willing to pay for them, but it's still a good time killer.

Edit : Whoever recommended Marvel Puzzle Quest, my battery asked me to tell you You're Claimed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Enjoying deer hunter 2014. Great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Dungeon Keeper is out for Android and iOS now. Free to play with IAP.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.game.dungeonkeeper_row

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

At the moment I'm playing Lexathon. It's a word forming game comprising of 9 letters. The aim is to think of as many words as possible. There's always a central letter which must be used for all words. You can play against the clock or just leisurely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Advertisement