Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top personalities in MMA

Options
  • 19-11-2013 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just wanted to know your guys, favourite personalities in mixed martial arts, <snip> posted chael sonnen for their top stop. What about you?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

I don't think he means to be a personality, but Nick Diaz.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

Rousey
    Nick Diaz
    Sonnen
    Josh Barnett
    McGregor
    Rampage

And from the past;
    Lesnar
    Frank Shamrock
    Tito
    Ken Shamrock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Chael has given me some amount of laughs.. I don't know whether I like him but he's made me laugh a lot many many times so it's gotta be Chael.. and he did very very nearly beat Silva which is amazing.

and then Bas Rutten

MMA fighter I would most like to go on the beer with
    He's completely off the wall dutch which is probably the weirdest and most hilarious expression of humanity that exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

John Redmond's recent videos have been brilliant.

Bob Sapp has to be the biggest global MMA personality.

off topic but amazing how many more results Google shows for Anderson Silva than for anyone else in MMA ...30+ million to GSP 16+ mill to Cain 4+ Mill...anyway off topic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 BigSm0ke

Gary Goodridge gets my honorable mention because he doesn't harbor any resentment or harsh feelings towards mma even with how hes suffering so badly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Dan Hardy seems like a really cool guy. I didn't like him at first, he seemed annoyingly cocky. After listening to him on the JRE and reading some articles he's written I really started to respect him. I love GSP for being such a good ambassador for the sport aswell. Loved Tito back in the day when he was the champ. He was never a phenomenal fighter but he used to have an aura about him, his entrances were epic. Met him in the lobby in the MGM and he was cool. Posed for pics with us. Robbie Lawler seems like a legend aswell, so happy he beat McDonald. I LOL'ed at the end of the first round when he was laughing in his corner, saying ''I liked that kick. I stole his kick. It's my kick now!''

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BigSm0ke

CM24 wrote: »
    I LOL'ed at the end of the first round when he was laughing in his corner, saying ''I liked that kick. I stole his kick. It's my kick now!''

lol'd hard at that, it was priceless!

Cabbage Correira, don't know about personality but I loved watching him.

if ever there was a man to make Big Country look Svelte

how the hell did he fight Joe Riggs? thats mental thats as mad as BJ fighting Machida that time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Sonnen
    Nick Diaz
    Roy Nelson
    Tim Kennedy
    Dan Severn
    Ken Shamrock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 beaverfever

GSP and Chael Sonnen stand out most in my head, Conor Mcgregor certainly making a splash and the guy knows how to win a crowd over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

GSP and Chael Sonnen stand out most in my head, Conor Mcgregor certainly making a splash and the guy knows how to win a crowd over.

GSP has a personality?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 beaverfever

scudzilla wrote: »
    GSP has a personality?????

He gave Matt Hughes a piggy back ride when he lost to him and apologized to him over their little war of words. Even when Josh Kroschech bashed him he didn't say anything back, just that he was training hard and was looking forward to the fight. When Matt Hughes won he wasn't like making excuses, he said straight up he was a better fighter in that ring. He even rejected the belt because he thought it rightfully belonged to Matt Serra. I don't think I've ever seen him bash another person, always so humble. This guy has got some major class.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He gave Matt Hughes a piggy back ride when he lost to him and apologized to him over their little war of words. Even when Josh Kroschech bashed him he didn't say anything back, just that he was training hard and was looking forward to the fight. When Matt Hughes won he wasn't like making excuses, he said straight up he was a better fighter in that ring. He even rejected the belt because he thought it rightfully belonged to Matt Serra. I don't think I've ever seen him bash another person, always so humble. This guy has got some major class.

he wouldn't even properly insult Nick Diaz even though he tormented him. true warrior is GSP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

That doesn't make somebody a personality, sure it makes him a class act and very respectful, but a personality, nah.

If you want prime examples of personalities in MMA, and i don't like some of these fighters then look towards Dampage, Tito, Chael

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Having a personality does necessitate one be an incessant trash talker.

Advertisement