Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer 5532 laptop blank/black screen please help

Options
  • 19-11-2013 12:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Its seems to power on makes the fan noises etc but the screen is black
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

sasta le wrote: »
    Its seems to power on makes the fan noises etc but the screen is black
    Any ideas?

Someone handed me an acer 5536 with the same problem not so long ago. I found a solution online (see video below) and it seemed to work. I got the screen to come back on at any rate. I gave it back to the person who owned but the problem returned a couple of hours later.

Now the downloads in the video didn't work for me, but I found one of another site that did. I can upload that software this evening if the official BIOS link from Acer doesn't for you as per the instructions in the video.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Thanks
    just trying that
    i saved the acer software for 5532 on my external harddrive and changed the file name that right?But not sure how i make sure its in FAT file/form

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

sasta le wrote: »
    Thanks
    just trying that
    i saved the acer software for 5532 on my external harddrive and changed the file name that right?But not sure how i make sure its in FAT file/form

You need to format the drive. Right click and select Format. You'll have the option to choose Fat. WARNING! This erases all data on your external drive. Get a small, spare usb key if you can.

Advertisement