Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full body wax. Any tips?

Options
  • 19-11-2013 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

Hi lads. On Saturday night in aid of the rugby team Il be gettin a waxed ie chest back legs and armpits.
    Anyone got any tips before I do it. I know it'll be painful but anything I can take befor it as there's only so much drink can help with :)
    Also any tips on the after care?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

The beautician doing it should give you plenty of advice, but use a wee touch of talc on the bits being waxed beforehand, it helps the hair 'stand up' better so the wax will stick to it
    Don't bother taking anything beforehand, you'll be grand, honestly :)

Afterwards, use something like aloe vera, lavender or tea tree lotion.

Fair play on the fundraising :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

I always took 2 nurofen before waxing... it's an anti-inflammatory, so should help with both the pain aspect, and the redness and irritation/swelling after.

The type of wax used is a major point too... if she uses Lycon it's much less harsh on the skin, and not as painful. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BZ7

Good day to you all. And a fine day it is.

A gentleman should always respects another gentleman's decision. It is also said that a gentleman always makes his own mind up. And when the mind is made up, gentlemen must respect that. All gentlemen have different reasons for doing different things, and this is to be respected.

Having said that, and whilst acknowledging what your doing is for a good cause, and should consequently be respected, I feel it is my duty as a fellow gentleman, to tell you not to do this.

I support your decision either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

If you'd be in a position to manage it, a hot shower/bath a while before the waxing would open up your pores which I'm guessing should make hair removal less sore?

(never tried it myself but it makes logical sense).

trim everything back. major important...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

foxylass wrote: »
    trim everything back. major important...

I was told to not even think about trimming it as the hairs are stronger then and can be a hell of alot more painful then.
    Someone suggested to me about a hot shower first but it's getting done in a pub. So I do t think that'll happen. I might not drink till its coming to my turn and run home and have shower before hand

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Sleepy wrote: »
    If you'd be in a position to manage it, a hot shower/bath a while before the waxing would open up your pores which I'm guessing should make hair removal less sore?

(never tried it myself but it makes logical sense).
    Hair grows from follicles, not from pores.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Take the nurofen twenty mins before hand. Seriously.

And remember there is no shame in crying. It will be all captured on camera anyway by your 'friends', so don't hold back.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I did a charity leg wax last year.

I'm not really into grooming or manscaping or any of that craic so it was all a bit new to me.

I did however very quickly learn what exfoliating is.

Buy some in Boots and buy an exfoliator and do it. Every single day in the shower for the love of god do it.

It'll stop the ingrown hairs on the way out.

Best of luck with it though. I've some fond memories of lying in bed the next morning rubbing my legs together enjoying the silky smooth feeling of them :D

Advertisement