Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could I do Christmas Day swim

Options
  • 19-11-2013 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi everyone,I'm 15 weeks pregnant now and did Christmas Day swim last year and loved it just wondering would it be harmful to baby if I did it again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

I think you are answering your own question by coming here.
    Definitely not

• Registered Users Posts: 25 irish25

bazery wrote: »
    Definitely not

Haha didnt think so!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

bazery wrote: »
    Definitely not

Do you mean "definitely not - don't do it" or "definitely not - it wouldn't be harmful for the baby"?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Why bother risking it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

irish_goat wrote: »
    Why bother risking it?

Is there a risk, though?

I would think it would depend on the conditions on the day, whether or not the woman is doing a bit of open water swimming throughout the pregnancy, etc. It's something I wouldn't be inclined to give a definite Yes or No answer to ... probably best to ask a GP/midwife ... but, in an uncomplicated pregnancy, I can't see why it should be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I'd ask your midwife/consultant/GP... strangers on the internet cannot tell you whether it will be safe or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement