Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nexus 5 and 4G

Options
  • 18-11-2013 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey All

I was planning on buying a nexus 5 on my next visit to the states however after doing a bit of searching online i realised the nexus 5 you buy through the US google play store will not support 4G in ireland/europe, does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks

L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Hey All

I was planning on buying a nexus 5 on my next visit to the states however after doing a bit of searching online i realised the nexus 5 you buy through the US google play store will not support 4G in ireland/europe, does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks

L

It's true. Two types available, one for the US and Canada and a European version for Ireland, the UK, France, Germany, etc. That's why most people are buying it through the UK Google Play Store. Picked one up myself this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 james2hig

Dudda wrote: »
    It's true. Two types available, one for the US and Canada and a European version for Ireland, the UK, France, Germany, etc. That's why most people are buying it through the UK Google Play Store. Picked one up myself this way.

How did you manage to order it, can't get into the UK play store? Would really love a Nexus 5 !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭bren2001

james2hig wrote: »
    How did you manage to order it, can't get into the UK play store? Would really love a Nexus 5 !

Everything you need to know is here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056878068

• Registered Users Posts: 3 james2hig

bren2001 wrote: »

Cheers, that's great!

Advertisement