Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stanley Reginald Stove - Correct settings??

Options
  • 18-11-2013 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

I am just wondering if anyone out there can best advise what I should set the air controls on my stanley reginald stove.

I have the Secondary Air Control (Bottom right) set to open (pulled out fully) as I primarily burn turf and timber. This is as per user manual.

The problem I do have is with the Thermostat knob (top left) of stove. There is no marking on the stove to indicate what setting it is set to, i.e how do you know when its set to 0 (overnight marking) or 4 (max heat). User manual does not help?

What I have is the knob that can be twisted both directions but how do i know what setting I am on??

Any help greatly appreciated. Hope this makes sense.

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Hi
    Take the ash tray out and u can see right in to where the flap for this vent is,
    Turn knob til it closes shut = 0 setting
    Turn the other way now opens from 0 -1-2-3-4 , and 4 is fully open,
    Start ur fire with vent at 3 or 4 and as it gets going close down to 2 or maybe 1 when running hot,

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Morwex

Thanks serryd - I also had the same confusion! But also have 1 other minor occasional problem. Which is the main stove door won't close. The handle just will not turn in its 'socket', which doesn't make sense, as everything is hinged and therefore in a fixed position. No dirt or obstructions visible. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 richie413

Hi
    I have a stanley Reginald and I burn anthracite in it as it seems the best fuel to use but I was wondering how others use theirs and what they burn in it? I was also wondering how much coal/anthracite they put into the stove each time. I light it when I get home from work so in general I would want the stove lit for approx 4-5 hours in the evening. What is working best for other people and how are they getting the most from it, either if its for just burning at night for 4/5 hours like I do, over night or all day? Any advice most appreciated...
    Thanks

Advertisement