Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas present idea for new parents

Options
  • 18-11-2013 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,

I was going to get my sister and brother in law a restaurant voucher and I would babysit their new baby as a Xmas present but wonder if there something more interesting you can get new parents?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

pipster wrote: »
    Hi,

I was going to get my sister and brother in law a restaurant voucher and I would babysit their new baby as a Xmas present but wonder if there something more interesting you can get new parents?

Speaking from memory, that's a really nice gift(keep the baby until late afternoon/early evening too) ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

Maybe make up a hamper... Clothes with baby grows, vests and cardigans of varying ages (you can never have too many)... Maybe throw in practical things like Calpol, Gripe Water and a couple of teething rings. My missus used to do that for friends and family, I think she used to get a cardboard box, fold the flaps down and cover it with wrapping paper. You can always use gift bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭pipster

F1ngers wrote: »
    Speaking from memory, that's a really nice gift(keep the baby until late afternoon/early evening too) ;).

So would I keep the baby over night until the next afternoon? I don't know if they would be happy leaving him for a fill night so I thought I could stay in their house until what ever time they come home.

The hamper idea is lovely however I kind of wanted the present to be for them rather than the baby if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

That is a fab gift.. tis all you need. The next day babysitting is the job too. let them fully enjoy the night stay in theres as you say if tis too soon for them to be parted but Im sure they wont mind. Or you can just do a whole day babysitting let them go off during the day to do what they like then go for dinner and come home.

If you want a pressie pressie I am sure they would love this, you could try maybe something like a canvas portrait of them all together or just the baby but again id say the dinner and babysitting

Some quite funny and clever ideas for kiddies pressies here http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/ingenious-things-youll-want-as-a-new-parent

Advertisement