Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jameson Cult Film Club - Screening Predator

Options
  • 18-11-2013 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

If anyone was lucky enough to win tickets to go see the Jameson Cult film club screening of Predator and cannot make it, I would love to go to it.

PM me if you have any spare tickets

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭The Dom

Second in line if anyone can't make it.

Never seem to get lucky with getting an invite and I am signed up with them for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Didn't get an invite either, I wonder how many tickets they give out?

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Didn't get an invite either, I wonder how many tickets they give out?

Well, I was told by a little (well informed) birdie that 75% (or more) of the invites go out through PR channels.

Apparently they send out a lot invites to people in positions to promote / review the night and it's only when those invites are not RSVP'd, do they then start inviting Joe Soaps.

I was at the Intermission screening and have to say that it does seem to be the way they do it as I got the invite for that at 11am on the morning of it.

That makes sense I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭darraghdoyle

The Dom wrote: »
    Well, I was told by a little (well informed) birdie that 75% (or more) of the invites go out through PR channels.

Apparently they send out a lot invites to people in positions to promote / review the night and it's only when those invites are not RSVP'd, do they then start inviting Joe Soaps.

I was at the Intermission screening and have to say that it does seem to be the way they do it as I got the invite for that at 11am on the morning of it.

You should tell your little (well informed) birdie that they're very misinformed.

Of the 450 tickets that will go/have gone out for this (this venue seats 450) well over 60% go to the lottery and of the rest, approx 15% goes to media, another 15% approx to online giveaways and the remaining ones go to corporate "friends" of Jameson.

I know this to be true because I run giveaways sometimes with Jameson and their PR company.

I've been at pretty much all of the Cult Screenings and the media presence at them is relatively small - we'd all know each other for the most part. There's always a lot of, as you call them "Joe Soaps".

But yes, when media - or anyone else - can't go, I'm sure people who are on the waiting list do get offered.

Because I've run giveaways, I always run into the people I've given tickets too.

There's always a huge demand for the tickets and it'd be impossible to get everyone in.
    PM me if you have any spare tickets

If I get any I'll let you know.

• Advertisement

You should tell your little (well informed) birdie that they're very misinformed.

You say they were "very" misinformed, Darragh - but yet your post just confirms what I was told (other than the percentages that is).

People frequently say they never get invites to these and I was just posting a possible reason for this.

Okay so, it's not 75% of the invites that go in the Media / PR direction - it's 40%.

To be very pedantic, just about 2/3 of the allocation goes to the public through the lottery. Let's call it 66%.

Then another 15% goes to online giveaways for the public - blogs, twitter, Facebook etc - all people have to do is know where to enter.

So we're up to 81% of the tickets going to the public.

Slightly more than the 25% allocation your birdie told you, eh?

</pedant>

So we're up to 81% of the tickets going to the public.

Let me get this straight:

You up the original 60% (which you said went in the lottery) to 66%.

Then took the the 15% (you said was going to the Media) added them and then declare that in fact 81% of the invites will go to the public.

Ever think of going into politics, Darragh?

You now what: everyone there will be human and so technically also members of the public.

So, now we're up to 100% of the tickets going to the public.

</pedant>

Let me get this straight:

You up the original 60% (which you said went in the lottery) to 66%.

Then took the the 15% (you said was going to the Media) added them and then declare that in fact 81% of the invites will go to the public.

You now what: everyone there will be human and so technically also members of the public.

So, now we're up to 100% of the tickets going to the public.

</pedant>

Good jaysis
    Of the 450 tickets that will go/have gone out for this (this venue seats 450) well over 60% go to the lottery and of the rest, approx 15% goes to media, another 15% approx to online giveaways and the remaining ones go to corporate "friends" of Jameson.

66% + 15% = 81%

81% is more than the 25% you said was going to the public.

Are we done here?

No. I'd have to deal more often with people like your good self and that would not be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

Just adding my list to the queue for tickets. Would love to go

• Advertisement

81% is more than the 25% you said was going to the public.

I did not say that only 25% went to the public.

The original numbers I posted clearly suggested that: 25% went to the lottery and 75% to PR / Media directions.

You replied and said that only 40% went went to PR / Media / Corporate Friends - which I accepted.

Then you come back and say that actually, 21% of the 40% you mentioned, actually find their way into the hands of the public also, so it's now actually a total of 81%.

isn't it funny how over 50% of the invites (21% from the original 40%) that you say go to the PR / Media / Corporate Friends end up the hands of the public but none of the 75% which I said went their way.
    No. I'd have to deal more often with people like your good self and that would not be fun.

People that don't like Bull you mean? Yeah, can't imagine it would be.

If anyone was lucky enough to win tickets to go see the Jameson Cult film club screening of Predator and cannot make it, I would love to go to it.

Put out feelers to a few friends and now find myself with two sets of invites for tonight.

So the spare set are yours OP if you still want them.

Will PM and give you until 5.30 to respond and if not, will pass them down the thread to whoever is next in line.

--

Please only get inline for them if you can really go along tonight at this short notice though, as would hate to see them wasted, cheers.

Okay: 5:30 and no PM reply from the OP.

If anyone is interested in going along tonight (to be there for 8.30pm, at very latest) then best shout soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

yes please!

PM sent

Okay, well have PM'd the other two users who were in line after the OP and if no reply from them by 6pm, then they're yours.

Fair enough, thanks!

fullerand wrote: »
    Fair enough, thanks!

Sorry man, the OP just PM'd.

If I can sort you later, I will.

fullerand wrote: »
    Fair enough, thanks!

Have yourself sorted there also. Pm sent.

I'll make my own Predator screening......with hookers and blackjack.........

actually screw the blackjack........and the Predator screening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I remember a few years ago it was shown in the screen cinema, it was the best atmosphere I have ever experienced and was a film we all already loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Everybody should Login to their Imdb accounts and give it 10/10 movie score, its not far off the Top 250 mark we should start a campaign. It belongs in the Top 250, great to see the love and demand for tickets on here. Its a movie that get better with every viewing.

Advertisement