Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate this laptop for FM14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

conroym7 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking at a reliable laptop for general college work and running FM14.

I can get the Lenovo G510 for under 600 euro witht he student discount here but its 2 weeks delivery and i need it sooner than that!

http://shop.lenovo.com/ie/en/laptops/essential/g-series/g510/

This below seems like a good deal at 499 and i can pick that up tomorrow

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/LENOVO-G500-156-Laptop/316300/104.10

WOuld i be better waiting for the G510 or will the G500 from PCWorld be okay?
    Just like yourself, I wanted to buy the G510 but they are out of stock until late November. Couldn't wait that long as need a capable laptop for my Archicad course so I decided to buy the G500 (3rd gen i3 with 8gb Ram) for 500e. The only issue that stopped me from considering it in the first place, was so called issue with the wireless card in older g500 models. But thankfully I've had no problems so Lenovo must have rectified it. Very happy I bought it now.

I havent played FM since 2009 but I cant see any problems that g500 cant run it well considering the software I'm using need at least 6gb to run properly without lag etc. And graphically its grand too. Unless you are willing to wait for the current gen i5 G510, the G500 is a good alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

I can get the Lenovo G510 for under 600 euro witht he student discount here but its 2 weeks delivery and i need it sooner than that!

it says ships within 2-3 business days.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭conroym7

it says ships within 2-3 business days.

Once you go in through the student discount it's says up to 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Once you go in through the student discount it's says up to 2 weeks

didn't notice that. i ordered one friday with the discount so if i get anything in the next few days to say it's shipped i'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭conroym7

didn't notice that. i ordered one friday with the discount so if i get anything in the next few days to say it's shipped i'll let you know.

Nice one,

Yea it's something I noticed when I went to order

• Advertisement
Advertisement