Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recognise this timer?

Options
  • 17-11-2013 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

How do you use it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

How do you use it?

You can't use it its missing the on/off picks they are red and green in colour
    Without them the timers useless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Hey. Thanks for rep,y. Yes, it does look like there is something up with it. How do you select the time you want it to stay on for? Normally there are buttons and slots you press in to denote the time length you want it to stay on for. I can get it on and off, but not timed. Does it loo like a new box is needed?

Hey. Thanks for rep,y. Yes, it does look like there is something up with it. How do you select the time you want it to stay on for? Normally there are buttons and slots you press in to denote the time length you want it to stay on for. I can get it on and off, but not timed. Does it loo like a new box is needed?

As I said without the picks you can't set time.If you want to use manually the white control at the top will turn to manual/ always on.When you look closely at it you will see the markings

Cheers. Approx cost for repair, what would you reckon? Thanks again

Cheers. Approx cost for repair, what would you reckon? Thanks again

I would replace.I havnt seen or fitted one of those for 10-15 years.a new basic timer like that would cost around€35 plus fitting

• Advertisement

Robbie.G wrote: »
    I would replace.I havnt seen or fitted one of those for 10-15 years.a new basic timer like that would cost around€35 plus fitting

Thanks !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Robbie.G wrote: »

You are now also required to have a 3 or 5 amp fuse switch on the supply to the clock. It'll look like a light switch with a weak fuse in it for safety if it's controlling a gas or oil boiler.

Heavy 24amp timeclock for electric immersion do not need a fuse switch

Advertisement