Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Breach of Data Protection?

• 17-11-2013 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I was wondering if someone could advise on the following:

I purchased a product from an Irish based company in their Dublin store two days ago, and today I discovered that the salesperson in the store had registered the account for the product under a false (placeholder) name, address and date of birth.

This meant I was unable to be identified as the account holder of my own account, therefore I am unable to proceed any further without the correct information that the salesperson registered to my account.

Surely it is the responsibility of the employee (and by extension, the company) to ensure that they have correctly captured my information? I was told I didn't need to provide any personal details when I purchased, but now they have registered personal details but just not mine! Would this be classed as a breach of data protection, or something else? I am sure it cannot be ok to falsify information in this way.

Is there anything that can be done in regards to taking this further?

Comments

Advertisement