Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenor Songs in Rock Musicals

Options
  • 17-11-2013 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭

Hi all (Might be the first post I've made since becoming a mod so to those who don't know me, hi, I'm G.K., one of the forum's new mods :)).

Basically, I'm auditioning for a newly written rock musical over here in England and need to find a song to sing to suit my range. I'm a tenor, and a high one at that.

Because the same people have recently done them, I don't want to sing any songs from Little Shop, Chess, Spring Awakening or Rocky Horror.

The only thing I've found so far is Apology to a Cow from Bat Boy, but the problem is that there's no backing track on youtube and I'd rather not have to resort to illegally downloading scores. (Can use either a score or backing track for the audition).

So if anyone knows any songs that might fall into that category, please let me know. Would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Surely Jesus Christ Superstar is the first place to look? After than why not Rock of Ages, albeit a juke box musical there are some great arrangements of the songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

Rock of Ages should be a good one. The songs in the show are different to the movie (I saw it on Broadway last year). What about something from We Will Rock You? Somebody to Love could be good? Or maybe something from Hair?

Advertisement