Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is ISTQB and ISEB the same test?

Options
  • 16-11-2013 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

Just wondering as I was going to apply trough prometric I noticed it said ISEB. All my study material is ISTQB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

its all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB) is s British Computer Society (BCS) brand name for professional certification examinations i many topics. ISTQB and ISEB have a long and complex history, as ISEB/BCS were heavily involved in developing a testing certificate which sort of split into 2 names (for marketing mostly) but were the same. For several years the rift has been healed and now ISTQB and BCS/UKTB work well together.

As of now the ISEB name is dead and BCS market under name "ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation Level". They don't do advanced levels.

Advertisement