Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Houses to share/rent in north Kildare

Options
  • 16-11-2013 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys. Recently got offered a job by a large company just outside Leixlip. Turns out trying to find accommodation in north kildare is a bit of a disaster.

I also have a friend who got the same job so we're looking for a house share or possibly a three bed-roomed house to move into. Willing to live in Maynooth,Cellbridge,Leixlip or possibly Straffan at a push.

The work hours are quite long unfortunately so the closer/less commuting time the better. I was given a weeks notice to start so thats not exactly much time to find somewhere but i'l B&B until we get sorted. Any tips or places people know of? even finding a b&b is proving difficult enough,everywhere seems to be full.

Any help is appreciated. :)

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Bm3 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Recently got offered a job by a large company just outside Leixlip. Turns out trying to find accommodation in north kildare is a bit of a disaster.

I also have a friend who got the same job so we're looking for a house share or possibly a three bed-roomed house to move into. Willing to live in Maynooth,Cellbridge,Leixlip or possibly Straffan at a push.

The work hours are quite long unfortunately so the closer/less commuting time the better. I was given a weeks notice to start so thats not exactly much time to find somewhere but i'l B&B until we get sorted. Any tips or places people know of? even finding a b&b is proving difficult enough,everywhere seems to be full.

Are you driving or using public transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bm3

Are you driving or using public transport?

Driving. But was willing to cycle or take the bus either.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Driving. But was willing to cycle or take the bus either.

Extend your search to Lucan then, you may have some luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Yamen11

Hi

Did you get sorted out with accommodation ? As I know of house in Maynooth

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭paul71

I feel your pain OP, it is probably the hardest area in Ireland to find rented accomodation because in such a small area you have Intel, hp, and Maynooth University added to excellent transport to the city centre. As a previous poster said you will probably need to extend you search area to include Lucan, but if you have a car you should also look at Dunboyne, Kilcloon, and Kilcock. Clonee/Clonsilla would also be in easy driving distance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement