Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rusting on parts fitted by plumber

Options
  • 16-11-2013 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭

Recently had a lot of work done on my house by one plumbing company, including fitting a new bath and external tap.

After only one month the chain that holds the bathplug has rusted to such a state that it leaves marks on the bath and curtain, plus the screw holding the handle in place in the external tap has rusted. The tap itself is fine.

Seems the bathplug chain came with the bath (which albeit is a good steel bath), but i'm shocked that it isn't waterproof which i'm sure is pretty obvious for something that's going to get wet? Additionally is it not possible to get rust proof screws to put in external taps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

if the plumber wont come back go up to your local diy store and buy a new plug and chain and some stainless steal screws

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

if the plumber wont come back go up to your local diy store and buy a new plug and chain and some stainless steal screws

Do what th is guy said and move on. It's not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Ok so it is possible to get these parts waterproofed? The guy is due to come back next week for something else so i'll be sure to request it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

never see one rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Bath manufacturer is Twyfords who I think are supposed to be good. It's an odd one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement