Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cellular blankets

Options
  • 16-11-2013 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I am due in January I was just wondering how many cellular blankets do I need and what size? I have 2 baby elegance cot bed ones already and even bigger one that I got thrown in for free when I bought my travel system, I also bought 2 grobags. The blankets look huge for a newborn! Do I need a smaller size (pram/moses size)? They are only €4 in guineys at the mo with free delivery so not going to break the bank but I absolutely hate clutter and don't want to buy something I don't need. I also have 3 "swaddle me" wraps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Millem wrote: »
    Hi guys I am due in January I was just wondering how many cellular blankets do I need and what size? I have 2 baby elegance cot bed ones already and even bigger one that I got thrown in for free when I bought my travel system, I also bought 2 grobags. The blankets look huge for a newborn! Do I need a smaller size (pram/moses size)? They are only €4 in guineys at the mo with free delivery so not going to break the bank but I absolutely hate clutter and don't want to buy something I don't need. I also have 3 "swaddle me" wraps.

I would say hold off as you'll probably get given loads of gifts of blankets! I have about 8 cellular blankets as well as fleece ones! As regards size, you can fold them to double the layers, so don't worry if they look big :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

I'd hold off for now anyway, I dont use cellular blankets in the pram so I'd say you've enough.
    You can't use the grobags til baby is over 8lbs and their head can't fit through the opening. Mine didn't like to be swaddled either so don't go mad buying them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

nikpmup wrote: »
    I would say hold off as you'll probably get given loads of gifts of blankets! I have about 8 cellular blankets as well as fleece ones! As regards size, you can fold them to double the layers, so don't worry if they look big :)

The size I have look huge! I remember seeing the small cellular ones in aldi and the looked tiny so didn't bother getting them. Just organising the baby's room at the mo. It's so hard to know how much of everything I need!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Mrs W wrote: »
    I'd hold off for now anyway, I dont use cellular blankets in the pram so I'd say you've enough.
    You can't use the grobags til baby is over 8lbs and their head can't fit through the opening. Mine didn't like to be swaddled either so don't go mad buying them!

What do you use in pram? A pramsuit? Or do I need a pramsuit and blankets? I got swaddle things as a present! I wouldn't of bought them as I think they are a but of a rip off! The presents are flying in already. I have counted 17 babygros in 0-3!!!!!! I didn't even buy 1!! I will have to spread the word no more 0-3s please!!! I got a footmuff for buggy part but pram just has an apron? Didn't get any muff with car seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Millem wrote: »
    What do you use in pram? A pramsuit? Or do I need a pramsuit and blankets? I got swaddle things as a present! I wouldn't of bought them as I think they are a but of a rip off! The presents are flying in already. I have counted 17 babygros in 0-3!!!!!! I didn't even buy 1!! I will have to spread the word no more 0-3s please!!! I got a footmuff for buggy part but pram just has an apron? Didn't get any muff with car seat.

You can't have too many babygros so don't worry about that :) you'll be surprised how many you go through, between spitting up and nappy explosions!
    I have a pram suit but I don't use it, I just use a thick fleece blanket, but that's just me. You may prefer the pram suit, you won't know till your babas here. The swaddle thing might be something you use constantly, my lad loved to be swaddled in the early days.
    Also, the aldi blankets are very small, at first they were grand but my lads outgrown them now. They're very light too - they may be useful in the summer. I got Dunnes ones. As I said, you fold them to double the layer so don't worry if they look big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

I hate the pram suits, they're like plaster of Paris or something, far too thick and bulky. I have a fleecy Footmuff on my maxi cosi and would put LO in a fleecy jacket and hat.
    I got a lovely thick woollen blanket in Next and I used that and a little fleecy one in the pram

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Personally id wait and see how you go. I planned on using the grow bag for sleeping but baby is too small so I'm using the cot size cellular folded up. I was actually going to swap it for a smaller one thinking it was ginormous but as it turns out its the only one I have that's big enough to be tucked into the mattress. You'll find a use for what you've got and remember baby might spit up over blankets too so you need spares for washing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Depends how you use them. I have two very small ones (smaller than tea-towels) that she uses as a comfort blanket to hang onto. Need two because they get washed. She sleeps next to them. We have one big one as well, but it's way too big. We never used it really.

We have sleeping bags for the cot.

Advertisement