Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5/5s and Parrot mki9200

Options
  • 15-11-2013 9:43pm

I will be upgrading from a 4s to a 5s next month and I was just wondering if anyone is successfully using an 5 or 5s on iOS 7 with a parrot mki9200 car kit, using a 30 pin to lightening connector to get full functionality rather than just Bluetooth.

I've not found much online other than it's "supposed" to work according to parrot and that the official apple 30 pin to Lightening adaptor is is required (which wouldn't bother me once it works).

I'm hoping it will work ok but would like to know in advance anyway.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

I will be upgrading from a 4s to a 5s next month and I was just wondering if anyone is successfully using an 5 or 5s on iOS 7 with a parrot mki9200 car kit, using a 30 pin to lightening connector to get full functionality rather than just Bluetooth.

I've not found much online other than it's "supposed" to work according to parrot and that the official apple 30 pin to Lightening adaptor is is required (which wouldn't bother me once it works).

I'm hoping it will work ok but would like to know in advance anyway.

Thanks.

I have the 5, it's a nice phone but the battery life is terrible but I suppose it's the same for all smart phones.

Another thing is the charger is a different size to the 4 so you won't be able to use it for iPods or anything else.
    Overall I like it though.

Jamsiek wrote: »
    I have the 5, it's a nice phone but the battery life is terrible but I suppose it's the same for all smart phones.

Another thing is the charger is a different size to the 4 so you won't be able to use it for iPods or anything else.
    Overall I like it though.

Thanks, I understand I will need an adaptor to use the 5s to connect to older devices etc and I'm using iPhones for years so know what they are about, so I'm specifically looking for information on compatibility of a 5s with a parrot mki9200 car kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Thanks, I understand I will need an adaptor to use the 5s to connect to older devices etc and I'm using iPhones for years so know what they are about, so I'm specifically looking for information on compatibility of a 5s with a parrot mki9200 car kit.

I read on another forum a while back that it is possible to connect up and charge using an adaptor. But get the official Apple one as allot of comments made that others did not work. But think it displays the device as an iPod, not an iPhone. Don’t know if that matters. Maybe not able to make/take calls?

I have an iPhone 5 and connect using the Bluetooth. Works well. Only downside is you have to use the phone to select the songs you want to play (no List on parrot). But making and receiving calls done thru parrot device.

Make sure your firmware is up to date as one was released for iPhone 5 compatibility.

Bazsutto wrote: »
    I read on another forum a while back that it is possible to connect up and charge using an adaptor. But get the official Apple one as allot of comments made that others did not work. But think it displays the device as an iPod, not an iPhone. Don’t know if that matters. Maybe not able to make/take calls?

I have an iPhone 5 and connect using the Bluetooth. Works well. Only downside is you have to use the phone to select the songs you want to play (no List on parrot). But making and receiving calls done thru parrot device.

Make sure your firmware is up to date as one was released for iPhone 5 compatibility.

Well the wired connection doesn't actually work for calls at all its only for music, even when connected by the wired connection you still need to connect by Bluetooth at the same time for calls.

To be honest the kit loses a lot of its functions if you cant connect to the phone through the wired connection. You can't control the phone with the remote, you dont get your iPhone music displayed on the kits screen for picking songs etc. displaying as an iPod makes no difference at all once you can control the media on the phone with the parrot remote.

I'm fairly sure it should work, just looking for some solid info from people who can confirm it. Good call on the firmware update btw, need to do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Did you but it in the end?

Does it work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I bought this yesterday in CompuB for €30

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter?fnode=3c

It fits on to the end of the previous parrot cable and gives full functionality (from what I can see) whilst the phone is charging. I made and received calls whilst it was charging and used Spotify and the Sat Nav on the phone as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I used to keep an old nano in my glovebox attached to the parrrot kit and my phone connected via bluetooth.
    A lot handier as I had a tom tom kit for my iphone 4 for the charging and gps functions.

Advertisement