Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injury crisis...

Options
  • 15-11-2013 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I'm in serious trouble.

Saddle- soreness is killing me. I have spent a king's ransom on new chamois, getting the bike fitted, 2 different saddles, nothing has helped. After 1 hour, the pain is excruciating.

I overtrained a few weeks back ang felf a slight twinge just above the calf so I put ice on it, took a week off...but it got worse! It has since spread to behind the knee. I' ve been to 2 gp's, 2 physios, even tried accupuncture, but nothing doing.

I should be doing endurance training at this time of year but an hour is about as good as it gets.

Sorry if I come across as a whinget but I'm desperate.

Can anyone offer any advice on either of the above problems?

Thanks in advance.

M.S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Time off the bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭keppler

just above the calf behind the knee. Now Im no expert here but, that could be anything from straight forward damaged calf muscle fibres to damaged tendons. At any rate you need alot more than one week off the bike. jumping back on the bike could be what caused the pain to spread! Ive got a mild case of achiles tendonitis at the moment and its taking a lot more than one week to heal. even when the pain goes away fully it doesn't mean that the damage is fully repaired. Infact, if im correct and it is tendon damage there's a chance that the collagen may never heal 100%.
    At any rate if the injury isn't stopping you from functioning normally in day to day tasks then I cant recommend enough some regular stretching on the calf muscles (runners stretches should suffice) I know these help me alot with my injury. If the pain eventually does go away I would still recommend staying off the bike for a week or two from when you stop noticing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I'm in serious trouble.

No your not, you have hurt your leg, your not getting it amputated.
    Chill out, swim, try gym etc. stay off the bike and work up slowly. Injury isn't a problem, how you deal with it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Against the rules! Pat McQuaid would have a fit if he knew we were breaking the rules!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,872 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's against site rules to seek or provide medical advice - OP you need to see a doctor if your problems persist

Thread closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement