Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of questions! Help much appreciated.

Options
  • 15-11-2013 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi guys,

So, I participated in the USIT Under-35 program in 2009 and then got the first IEC visa when it came out. I applied to the IEC for 2013 but was denied. I feel like they misunderstood and thought I meant I had gotten two IEC visas (I was going through some rough stuff at the time and didn't really fight it). Am I wrong in thinking that? Is the U-35 USIT one from 2009 considered the same as an IEC?

Secondly, as I have duel citizenship (I was born in the UK, both my parents are English) can I apply for the UK IEC with my British passport instead or is it all restricted to me as an individual. I have lived in Ireland for the last few years (not counting the time I spent in Canada).

Hoping one of you has had a similar experience. Thanks for any help, really appreciate it. Cheers.

Advertisement