Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you tell ?

Options
  • 15-11-2013 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Do you believe in the fact that pregnant women get instincts regarding the sex of their unborn child?
    Ive heard it a lot of times and that its generally very accurate.
    Im 11 weeks gone tomorrow and have strong feelings its a boy, but it could be the fact that we'd both like a boy, of course if its a girl we'll be delighted either way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

No, don't have a feeling either way. Every pregnancy is different for me.

Don't really see what difference the sex makes to people. Each child is an individual, you never know what they are going to be interested in. It can't be the toys they play with anyway. Our little girl has always been far more interested in playing with trucks, footballs and plastic dinosaurs than dolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

rufs wrote: »
    Do you believe in the fact that pregnant women get instincts regarding the sex of their unborn child?
    Ive heard it a lot of times and that its generally very accurate.
    Im 11 weeks gone tomorrow and have strong feelings its a boy, but it could be the fact that we'd both like a boy, of course if its a girl we'll be delighted either way.

I found out I was pregnant very early (less than 4 weeks), I have always known I was having a boy, I can't explain why, it was such a strong feeling. People told me I was crazy! I never thought for 1 second it was a girl. It was confirmed at big scan at 21 weeks and have had 2 more scans since then. In fact I had a feeling I was pregnant before I even did test as I was getting funny feelings (I think it's uterus growing or something!) People again laughed at me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My sister absolutely knew she was having a girl on her 1st. I knew I was having a boy - when I came round after my section, I didn't ask "what did I have?" I asked "how is he?"!! The staff in the recovery room assumed I'd found out the gender, they were surprised that I just knew.

It's a 50:50 shot, though, and for every story I've heard of mothers who just 'knew', I've heard one of a mother who almost couldn't accept they had a girl cos they really thought they were having a boy or vice versa (my own boss told me she was upset in the delivery room as she had a girl, and it took quite a few hours for her to get over it and start to fall in love with her!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

My sister was convinced she was having a boy and found out at 20 weeks that it was a girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I was convinced no 1 was a boy. Found out at a scan it was a girl. Was shocked but more prepared then. Now pregnant with no 2 thought was having a girl found out a few weeks ago its a boy so im way off.
    Glad i know though as took me a while both times to come around to it.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

was convinced it was a boy, then convinced it was a girl.

now i dont care tbh

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I knew #3 was a boy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I was convinced no 1 was a girl and I was right! Was utterly convinced no 2 was a boy... Totally wrong according to my scans... Feelings are just that I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I had two completely different pregnancies; the first I had a huge bump, huge boobs, had a lot of weight on my back so awful back pain. The second I was mostly to the front and had sciatica. First was a boy and second a girl.

My mam did the string over my palm when I was pregnant on my first and it indicated a boy and girl so that influenced what I thought I was having.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I felt on both i knew what i was having and i was right on both. Boy first and then a girl. Think im having a boy this time. All will be revealed in ten weeks so will see if im right then :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Everyone said from the very start that they were sure I was having a boy ... and the 20 week scan showed that they were right! I've really had no feelings either way, though. If it weren't for the scan, I'd still have no clue ... it doesn't "feel" any more like a boy than a girl!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Myself and my partner are utterly convinced I am having a little boy. But, to be honest, I think it has more to do with the fact that we would both subconsciously like a boy first. If it's a girl, I'll be absolutely no less delighted and in love. But my partner's stepdad (and adoptive dad) never had any boys of his own, and he is very much crazy to be involved in this pregnancy. I know if he has a granddaughter he will love her to pieces, but a boy would utterly steal his heart. As for me, I have had nothing but good experiences with other people's baby boys as of late, and have had very little experience with any baby girls at all. So I think we're so geared for a boy, that we think that's what it will be.

Considering the debates (hilarious arguments) that were had in the house last night over names for a boy, when we have one girl name that we both utterly love and are sticking to, it might be best a girl comes out first :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

We were both convinced we were having a boy, convinced! For no other reason I think but that I had been to a fortune teller years ago and he told me I'd have a boy first and although it didn't enter my head at the time subconsciously it must have affected me!

We had a girl! A gorgeous girl who has everyone wrapped around her little finger.

Would love a boy too but truth be told I'm secretly happy we had a girl first as I think I've always wanted one so would feel pressure on number two to have one if first had been a boy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 broody_kitten

There has been only nieces born so far on either side, so we're feeling the pressure to produce a boy if and when we do manage to have one! Though tbh I'm so used to girls now I don't know what I'd do with a boy!

I have always dreamed about having twins too, twins are in my family so its possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

pwurple wrote: »
    No, don't have a feeling either way. Every pregnancy is different for me.

Don't really see what difference the sex makes to people. Each child is an individual, you never know what they are going to be interested in. It can't be the toys they play with anyway. Our little girl has always been far more interested in playing with trucks, footballs and plastic dinosaurs than dolls.

Maybe because :-
    pwurple wrote: »
    I'm torn on it. We were told there was a 70% chance it was a girl on my daughter... This time we got no 20 week scan. I would really like to know, it makes names easier and i would love to know if i can pack away the dresses and things that are too small for her, or if I should leave them out.

100 euro for the scan though. Maybe if i saw a groupon or something. Hah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yup, it's handy to know, for names and packing clothes. But i wouldn't desire one over the other. That bit I don't get.

Advertisement