Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handy bench

Options
  • 14-11-2013 8:05pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Taken from "Wood Magazine" september issue.

1461216_10151720886071776_1304520382_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭jack of all

Interesting idea, but it would never work for me- I'd have to spend 15 mins clearing off the tins of paint, broken hardware, wood shavings, random screws and nails to be sorted etc etc before I could flip it over!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭knickerbocker

Interesting idea, but it would never work for me- I'd have to spend 15 mins clearing off the tins of paint, broken hardware, wood shavings, random screws and nails to be sorted etc etc before I could flip it over!

Might just be what you need, flip and sweep, 10 min saved. :pac:

Might just be what you need, flip and sweep, 10 min saved. :pac:

I might put up a pic tomorrow of the current state of my workbench! I have a few little space saving ideas of my own which I might share also.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Mines worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Gotta say that's a niffy idea but it must be a pig to swing with that weight on it. Might make something similar over the Christmas month keep me busy in the evenings icon7.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

jonon9 wrote: »
    Gotta say that's a niffy idea but it must be a pig to swing with that weight on it. Might make something similar over the Christmas month keep me busy in the evenings icon7.png

I think he has it balanced out with tools on the other side so it should turn easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭deandean

Very good idea. And it's on castors too. So you can wheel it into the sittingroom, watch Breaking Bad while making ribs. Cool...

As promised, picture of my workbench in its usual state of harmony! Given that I use this bench for everything from woodwork to sharpening, metalwork and everything in-between there's no way a flip-over bench arrangement could work for me. I do have my bench grinder, mechanics vise and some other bits and pieces mounted on ply sub-bases so they can be clamped to the bench when required and stored away from the bench when I need the space. Works for me, although I'd love to have the space for a dedicated metalwork bench and sharpening station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

That's a mighty clean bench you got there. Iv completely no Room on mine must do some cleaning

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭kilk

fergal.b wrote: »
    Taken from "Wood Magazine" september issue.

1461216_10151720886071776_1304520382_n.jpg

I'm just thinking of all the interesting adjustments I could make to myself if I had one or more of these machines running and happened to trip or slip on something when approaching the table!! :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement