Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood test results

Options
  • 14-11-2013 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm 13 weeks pregnant and had my blood test done last week in the Mary Mercer clinic with the Domino Scheme. Just wondering when I should hear back? I've read on here that I wouldn't hear anything unless theres a problem but how long is it usually when there is a problem?

I was anemiac when younger and assumed iron would be a problem and I'd hear about that....I've also convinced myself that because I have tattoo's that I have heptatis and maybe HIV to, and everything else under the sun. :P

Its been a week now so should I assume that all is ok or can it take longer? My next appointment isn't for ages so if there is something wrong with my iron levels I'd rather know now.

Total worrier.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Why not just ring them and ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭emz8

I wasn't sure if I could just ring the clinic? I know the doctor I was with is only there for a few hours a week so can someone else give me the results or do I need to speak to her?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It would be on your file so they should be able to check if you ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Should be able to check if you ring but really if there was anything wrong they'd contact you. I had low iron and they contacted me about that. I just run through my results at my next appointment myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

emz8 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm 13 weeks pregnant and had my blood test done last week in the Mary Mercer clinic with the Domino Scheme. Just wondering when I should hear back? I've read on here that I wouldn't hear anything unless theres a problem but how long is it usually when there is a problem?

I was anemiac when younger and assumed iron would be a problem and I'd hear about that....I've also convinced myself that because I have tattoo's that I have heptatis and maybe HIV to, and everything else under the sun. :P

Its been a week now so should I assume that all is ok or can it take longer? My next appointment isn't for ages so if there is something wrong with my iron levels I'd rather know now.

Total worrier.

I got my bloods done on a Thursday and then had to go back in for a research study the next week. I asked the researched doctors about bloods and they told me you are not contacted unless something is wrong!
    She looked up my results for me anyway and they were on the system already. At my next appointment I got my file back and all the results were stuck into it! I am attending holles street.

• Advertisement
Advertisement