Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bendable/ Flexible chrome tile trim for curved edge

Options
  • 14-11-2013 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Need to trim the edge of a curved tile wall.

Would like Chrome or Aluminum finish.

Anyone know who might stock it in Ireland (Any tile shop or builders providers out there) - I am even willing to travel North to get it.

I have seen it for sale in England and its called Formable aluminium tile trim. Nationwide Tiles have it here in Ireland but will only do a special order of 10 / 15 pieces of the 8 foot trim (I need one piece of 8 foot trim!).

Any help? Thanks as always.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

B&Q and woodies have it I was looking at to use as trim on my boat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tinternet

Thanks fergal.b

Was in B&Q today and sales person never heard of it.(grr) Will try woodies tomorrow.
    Can you remember what they were calling it (perhaps 'bendable chrome tile trim' is not descriptive enough for some?) ;-)

Thanks again for your post.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

If you go to the tiling section you should see them hanging up on a rail they have some in plastic and some in steal or aluminium http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/tiles/tiling-trims?fl=1&noCookies=false for sharp bends you might need to cut small triangles or slots out of the back part.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

They're an arch tile trim. Hard to get hold of. Quite like a regular trim but the part you tile over is in v shapes rather than straight with holes in it

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tinternet

AckwelFoley and Fergal.b

Called into Woodies at weekend and B&Q again and neither stock them. Spoke to Manager in woodies and he was definite.
    No flexi chrom trim!.

If you have time will you post a picture of the product on either shops website. Am at a loss as to where to find it now.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Have you tried Richardsons or Tile Style in Ballymount. I would be extremely surprised if either of them didn't stock it.

Advertisement