Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best electric razor

Options
  • 14-11-2013 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend an electric razor, lots to choose form but hard to differentiate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've always had Philips rechargeable ones myself but find the results mediocre really. The latest one I have isn't as good from a durability perspective either as the trimmer has already broken after only a few months - the previous model lasted ages.

I've thought about switching to Remington but don't know if they're any better? I tend to get 5 o'clock shadow at 2pm anyway so it might not help either way! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Phillips Electroshave range by far the best IMO.

They are expensive but Argos usually have a model or two on special offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭budhabob

Hey All,

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but figure its better than starting anew.

I havent ever really wet shaved, when I used to I got a rash every time, and my face broke out in less than 24 hours. I used good products and good razors at all times. In the last 10 years I have simply used a beard trimmer to keep the stubble in check, and shave the moustache area.

I am now looking for an electric razor that will trim shorter than my beard trimmer but leaving slight stubble - I feel this will result in no break outs. Any advice, recommnendations etc most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The Philips Aqua Touch range are very good and you can wet or dry shave with it. I use it in the shower some mornings to save time and it gets closer and smoother with the warm water softening the hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

budhabob wrote: »
    Hey All,

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but figure its better than starting anew.

I havent ever really wet shaved, when I used to I got a rash every time, and my face broke out in less than 24 hours. I used good products and good razors at all times. In the last 10 years I have simply used a beard trimmer to keep the stubble in check, and shave the moustache area.

I am now looking for an electric razor that will trim shorter than my beard trimmer but leaving slight stubble - I feel this will result in no break outs. Any advice, recommnendations etc most welcome.

look at the saftey razor thread in beards and hats forum
    i'm the same as you and i use a beard trimmer to keep it tight but the saftey razor gives me a clean shave for when i need it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I have been using a Remington F7790 for the last 6 months again, after a break experimenting with blades.

But I don't need to shave every day as I work for myself. I find the Remington is ok for every day use, but it has major difficulty dealing with second day old shaving. Also with the grey hair that seems a LOT more difficult to cut.

I wonder if the rotary shavers are any better at dealing with the slightly longer hairs ? I see someone mentioned Philips above ... are they any better or is it much of a muchness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ifaptwohanded

I'm looking for a razor that when i use i can trim my stubble and leave a bit of growth and not clean shave. I have a wet shave every third day.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

I'm looking for a razor that when i use i can trim my stubble and leave a bit of growth and not clean shave. I have a wet shave every third day.

Babyliss, I-Stubble, you won't regret it.

manlad wrote: »
    Babyliss, I-Stubble, you won't regret it.

I was looking at this brand. Is there any particular model you would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

I was looking at this brand. Is there any particular model you would recommend?

I have this one here. I think both Argos and Boots sell it.

Its worth the price, is easy to control and so many lengths to choose from. I've had it for two years and the blades are still great.

• Advertisement

I reserved one in Argos for collection tomorrow.

I'll post back in a few days and let others know how i get on with the Babyliss I-Stubble for anyone else who maybe interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I have one (that model) and it's very good value for money imo

Advertisement