Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else left with their faces bleeding after a DPD delivery?

Options
  • 14-11-2013 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Ordered a UPC package. A DPD courier phoned my landlady to request I wait outside the apartment, not a problem. When he arrived he didn't get out of his van but quite literally threw the relatively large box out of the window (modem and digital TV box) which dropped down and landed on my face cutting my chin; he didn't notice and drove off. I managed to save the box so all good.

Figured maybe this was once off poor service so didn't think too much of it but when a splitter and cable were missing and sent out a day or two later the same delivery man arrived again. He rang the apartment intercom this time and when I said I'd be out in a second he said that I should just open the front door and he'd leave them inside, I then watched him fling the two padded envelopes into the building from the intercom camera. I found one of the packages over six feet from the door.

While I can understand throwing soft packages around how are DPD getting away with throwing electronics around like this? I'm also afraid to complain to DPD in case we end up never getting deliveries again!

Comments

DPD is getting a bad rep for having poor hot headed drivers. Not the first time i have heard of that. I also had a driver in a small truck rally out of a petrol station and thought he could barge his way onto the main road in front of me.

He proceeded to give me all sorts of gestures so i left him sitting there.

You should complain to UPC and if they get enough they may review their contract with DPD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Complain to UPC as they're the ones you're giving money to. Ask for compensation for any medical expenses. Consider a complaint to the Gardai for the assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Complain to UPC Op. I have had a couple of things delivered by DPD and they are dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 charcoal blue

In fairness it was a small scratch - but there was blood! I wasn't bothered until the second delivery. It's more that this is obviously the general attitude as opposed to one off incidents. You're right I probably should drop UPC a line.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 charcoal blue

Hi Chesterb - great that DPD are looking at online feedback. Have sent PM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

I'm the lucky one who always has decent drivers... Must be a wexford thing so

Advertisement