Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon at Dominicon in Maynooth 16th November

Options
  • 14-11-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just posted this on facebook if anybody is interested in attending. Sorry for the late notice but only recently found this community. Apologies if this is in violation of your Media Interaction policy. I'll remove it immediately if there are and issues.

"As mentioned in the previous post we're glad to announce that we've finally been able to sort out the details and get together an easily accessible Pokémon tournament to be held at Dominicon on Saturday 16th.

We will be using the fantastic free battle simulator Pokémon Showdown, available for download at the link below. We will be using the OU (Beta) rulings which restricts Pokémon and moves that are currently unavailable in Pokémon X/Y.

The format will be winner stays on, up to a maximum of 5 matches. It will be €2 per entry and the prizes are as follows:

Win 3 games in a row and we will IV train 2 of the Pokémon in your team's lineup.
    Win 5 games in a row and we will IV train 4 of the Pokémon in your team's lineup.
    Win the most games throughout the day (does not need to be consecutive) and win a copy of Pokémon X/Y as well as any 6 Pokémon available

For more information on IV training and the work it takes please read this informative post on gamefaqs:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67604326
    All Pokémon we breed for prizes will have at least 5 IVs in beneficial stats.

Unfortunately we will not be able to IV train unbreedable Pokémon though we will not be restricting their use in the competition.

Other information regarding competitive play in Pokemon can be found on the forums at Smogon University.
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/

If anybody would like to help us IV train after this weekend we'd appreciate it and if enough interest transpires we can look into setting up an exclusive Irish breeding circle on facebook.

Hope to see you all tomorrow,
    Cormac Finn"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

is the i'v training done from lvl 1 mon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GoodGame

Arawn wrote: »
    is the i'v training done from lvl 1 mon?

Sorry, didn't fully understand the question. Are you asking if the Pokémon received will be at level 1? Or is it a question about IV training?

Depending on time restrictions I think we'll only be able to hand out level one Pokémon and leave the EV training and movepools to the player

Cormac Finn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Maybe I'm being stupid here - it would not be the first time - but aren't IV's fixed at birth, and EVs are trainable?
    So are you offering a bred 'mon with 4 or 5 31 IVs (which it seems you are), or are you offering to supply 'mon that have been super-trained to the winner's spec? Or both?
    Or do the kids use Train and Breed interchangeably these days? I'm too old for this game :)

Advertisement