Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading GB2.3.6 to Jellybean 4.1.2 on SGA GTS5830i... Advice??

Options
  • 14-11-2013 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Howrye folks,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i running Gingerbread 2.3.6.

I have rooted it to obtain Superuser privileges and am considering upgrading the OS to Jellybean 4.1.2.

I wonder has anybody done this on the Galaxy Ace and, if so, what was the general feedback? From what I have been able to discern from information on the web, I believe that Samsung have not made Jellybean available for the Galaxy Ace 5830i and as such, its actually a spurious "AceJelly" OS that is available...? Is this true and if so, does does the AceJelly or JellyBlast OS work properly? Are there many bugs? In short, is it worth doing?

Im not very tech savvy, so to avoid bricking the phone Id like to make sure I understand exactly how to go about the procedure and that the new OS will be worth it in the end.

Any feedback would be great, thanks

Comments

Advertisement