Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice please

Options
  • 13-11-2013 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Getting a few punctures on da roads lately.on 25mm tyres road bike.on gp4 seasons after changing from gp4000s for extra protection.looking for advice on what pressure i should have in front and back for both summer and winter as iv read before some people drop pressure when wet ect.currently 100psi front and 105psi back.im 14 stone(88.9kg).thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

According to the following chart you'd need about 90psi front, 110 psi back, to avoid pinch flats -

TyrePressureChart.jpg

Are you getting the punctures on the back? Is there 2 holes in the tube for each puncture?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 givusapush

Cheers for chart.had 3 blow outs on wet dirty roads in 14 days.had a decent run without puncture b4 that.had gp4000s slice open on me front and back on 2 different occassions(1 inch rip)binned them.on gp 4 season and had a thorn pierce through the tyre.gonna stick with the gp 4 season though.thinks its just the dirty roads were i am(2 on naas rd).all 3 though were when road was wet.when wet do lads/lasses normally drop pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Very handy chart that alright. I run 100psi all the time, dont have any issues, but then again I am very light.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 givusapush

Iv probably too much muscles so.think its weighing me down.

Advertisement