Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei ascend G510

Options
  • 13-11-2013 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

I'm planning on buying a new phone and I've been considering this one, can anyone recommend it? And if not can anyone recommend another phone along a similar price range.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Enrique2SIM

Hi,

I think that this model has an admissible quality and depending on the type of use that you will give to this phone it can fulfill the requirements for most of the people.

From my point of view the best elements of this device are its CPU, its screen and its internal design. By the way it comes with the NFC feature (near-field-communication) depending of the market.

Other brands that have options at the same price range (US$160-170) are: ZTE, Huawei, LG, Lenovo and even Motorola.

If you share more detail about what you are looking for and confirm your budget I think I can help you.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You can get the Y 300/G510 - same phone - for €99.00 on Amazon.de with about €5.00 carriage. It is unlocked and has no provider bloatware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The G510 is a slightly better spec phone.

4.5" vs 4.0"
    Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A5 vs Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A5

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Enrique2SIM

beauf wrote: »
    The G510 is a slightly better spec phone.

4.5" vs 4.0"
    Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A5 vs Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A5

Hi everyone,

That's exactly the truth, the quality differences are minimal but in any case the G510 is a bit better. Other elements where the G510 have better specs are:

- Video recording at 720p vs 480p
    - Three sensors (proximity, compass and accelerometer) vs two sensors (accelerometer and proximity)

Here you can check this model in more detail and get a clearer idea about what you will get for your bucks

Regards

The Y 300 is now on offer for €85.00 on Amazon.de's lightening deal. On offer for another 90 mins.

• Advertisement

Huawei Y 300 up for grabs on Amazon. de's Cyber Monday offers at 3.45pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

If your on Vodafone PAYG and have enough cherry points you can get it for €50.

Advertisement