Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung galaxy tab 8"

Options
  • 13-11-2013 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

thinking if buying the samsung galaxy tab 8" .is it any good or is the nexus 7 better??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,601 ✭✭✭creedp

madmax72 wrote: »
    thinking if buying the samsung galaxy tab 8" .is it any good or is the nexus 7 better??

Interested in this Q myself as in similar dilemma. I'd prefer the Nexus 7 which is comparable in price to Tab 3 8" for a more advanced tablet. The issues which make the decision more difficult are the slighlty smaller screen and the inability to increase the internal memory. I want it for a 7 year old who will moslty be playing games and watching video. I suppose the question is does lower spec of the Tab3 override the advantage of a slightly bigger screen for watching video and the ability to increase the memory to store TV/film/music

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭madmax72

creedp wrote: »
    Interested in this Q myself as in similar dilemma. I'd prefer the Nexus 7 which is comparable in price to Tab 3 8" for a more advanced tablet. The issues which make the decision more difficult are the slighlty smaller screen and the inability to increase the internal memory. I want it for a 7 year old who will moslty be playing games and watching video. I suppose the question is does lower spec of the Tab3 override the advantage of a slightly bigger screen for watching video and the ability to increase the memory to store TV/film/music
    Thinking the same myself.The nexus screen does seeem quite small compared to the Tab althugh i will be mostly playing games and watching videos myself:)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

I've narrowed my wife's Christmas present down to these 2 tablets as well. At the moment I'm leaning towards the Samsung 8.0 due to the larger screen and the ability to expan the memory with an external SD card.

Would be great to hear from anyone who had narrowed their selection down to the same two and if they were happy with their final selection.

Advertisement