Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lapierre Audacio 200 vs Cube Peloton vs Felt F/Z95

Options
  • 13-11-2013 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at a first time road bike at the moment and I think I've narrowed the search down to the following 4:

Lapierre Audacio 200
    Felt F95 or Z95
    Cube Peloton

Does anyone have experience with one or more of these bikes? They're all in around the same price range and similar spec but I'd like to hear from anyone that's got first hand experience of them.

I've got a Lapierre Shaper 300 hybrid bike already and it's great, I'll be keeping this for shorter cycles but I want to get a road bike for longer cycles and for possibly club cycling.

I'd buy Lapierre again and the guy I spoke to in Cyclesuperstore recommended it, but I don't necessarily want to tie myself to one brand considering how many are out there.

This by no means is a definite list so if anyone would recommend a different bike in the same price range I'd appreciate it too! I have a feeling the Giant Defy may be mentioned....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Finneranjames

Hi which bike did u get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

I actually went for the Audacio 400 in the end based on a friends recommendation, he was riding one from a couple years ago. I haven't been out on it that much yet but now the conditions are getting better I'll be out for spins every weekend.

Best of luck with it can i be rude and ask where u bought it and how much it cost ?? Also why did u choose the Lapierre over other brands ?

It was €1,000 even, I went with Lapierre because I was happy with my Lapierre hybrid. I don't have any experience with the other brands, and based on the spec I was looking for and the price, I was happy with the Audacio.

I got it in Cyclesuperstore in Tallaght, only place you can get Lapierre as far as I know. They have a reputation for pushing the brand as they're the main dealer, but based on my experience with them so far it's not unjustified, good bikes for a good price in my opinion.

I was up there today they seen fine to deal with i was looking at there own brand of bike "Premiera" and a Cube bike (not sure of that brand) i like the look of Giant Defy too ... I'll have to do a little more research

• Advertisement

I didn't know they did an own brand bike, I wonder if that's recent!

I've enjoyed dealing with them, in my experience they know what they're talking about and are helpful when you're not 100% sure of what you need.

I've had good experience with FitzCycles in Stillorgan too, though I've only bought a few bits & pieces from them so far.

It's tough to narrow it down to what you'd like but just try a few out and see what you think.

I think cube gives alot for the money!!! Giant Defy seem expensive for what u get on the bike and Lapierre seem the best value of the 3 ! As for felt i havent even looked at them

Advertisement