Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CI Points for TT's

Options
  • 13-11-2013 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

I heard there was to be some talk about awarding CI points for TT aside for the 3,2,1, awarded for a TT result during a stage race or the National TT Champs. When one looks at the calender, there are a fair few TTs next season, especially up North and in the West.
    Does anyone know if this was discussed at the AGM?
    Personally, I think that they should count, and accross all levels.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,990 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I find it a little odd that you get points in a TT that count towards getting moved to a higher RR category. If there was a different TT ranking system then fine, but one of the problems we seem to have with road races is people who are very fit and fast, possibly with a triathlon background, not having good enough bike handling skills to cut it in the higher grades of road racing. In my view they should prove themselves in road races if they wish to progress in the current ranking system

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

I understand your point, I think an upgrade purely on TT points would not be valid. But I think that because there are no points, or very few on offer makes the discipline of TT suffer. It is a very important part of the sport.
    There is also no hiding on TT's, and this forum is full of lads giving out about wheel suckers on flat races. That is part of racing, granted. But is would be great if we could find a way to acknowlege it in the points system more so than it already is.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭drops

Look at the top 3 in any open TT or the top 5 for that matter and they are all serious road men - not a triathlete in sight. Also giving only 3,2,1 in stage races with in many cases over 100 riders seems restrictive when it could be the 1st 8 or 10 in road stages. But then again dem's be the rules

Advertisement