Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten help?

Options
  • 13-11-2013 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

My six month old kitten hasn't eaten or drank anything today. He spent all day alseep, which he never usually does! Aside from one or two naps, he is running around like crazy, so I thought it was really strange for him to sleep all day.
    I'm going to ring the vet first thing in the morning, but just wondering if anyone had any ideas about what it might be?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

It could be any number of things really it's impossible for anyone to tell you without seeing him. I presume all his vaccines are done? The vet should know what's wrong in the morning, in the meantime if he's not drinking anything you need to try get some fluids into him. Kittens are so small they can get hit really hard with dehydration so try encourage him to drink. If you have any cat milk (not normal cows milk) that will usually do the trick mixed in with a bit of water. Hope everything turns out okay with the poor kitty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RachEnnis

Yes, he's had all of his vaccines. I'm just trying to decide whether I should bring him to the Vet on call now, or wait until tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

If you are really worried about him it might be no harm to give the vets a ring for your own peace of mind, they'll be able to judge if he needs to be seen now or will he be okay till morning.

Advertisement