Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax return expenses - what can I claim for?

Options
  • 12-11-2013 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

The info on the revenue website is very unclear and I'm trying to finish my tax return.

I organise some dance events where people come from abroad for the weekend, some as dance teachers, and others as participants of the festival. I have to provide food etc for both groups and I hope I can claim the taxes but on the rev website it says the below which I find unclear. Can anyone clarify it for me please?? thanks a lot!

"What expenses can’t be claimed?

The general rule is that you cannot claim for any private expenses i.e.

Any expense, not wholly and exclusively paid for the purposes of the trade or profession
    Any private or domestic expenditure e.g. your own wages, food, clothing (except protective clothing), income tax etc.
    Business entertainment expenditure i.e. the provision of accommodation, food, drink or any other form of hospitality.
    You cannot deduct capital expenditure in calculating your taxable profits, however you can claim what are known as capital allowances on certain expenditure."

Advertisement