Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround Sound Monitoring Setup Wanted

Options
  • 12-11-2013 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

This is the longest of long shots, but it is worth a go.

I am a post-graduate student looking into the recording of surround sound classical music using the Soundfield microphone versus traditional arrays.

Due to some personal reasons, I am living at home (with my Uni in the UK) for the final thesis with some visits to the UK for meetings and some practical bits and pieces. As you can imagine, planning these visits ahead of time can be a bit hit and miss in terms of getting certain practical work done I am in need of a good surround sound setup (preferably ITU spec) to audition and configure some recordings that I have already made which will be used in listening tests.

Would anyone here have such a surround setup which they would be willing to let me use? As a student you can imagine that I would love to get it for free though I could offer up a small fee. Maybe some kind of short notice thing where you know you aren't using the setup and I zip in to use it could work but anyway, as I said it is a long shot.

I can provide my own multi-channel interface with master level controls so all I would need is direct routing to speakers. If anyone can do this for me, I would be more than happy to acknowledge them in my thesis and any publications.

Many thanks for at least reading :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SecretAccount

What's the time frame on this ?

After Christmas I have a small movie to mixdown, when i'm finished that project the 5.1 setup is free.

Leave me know, if i can't help i might be able to point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭GTE

What's the time frame on this ?

After Christmas I have a small movie to mixdown, when i'm finished that project the 5.1 setup is free.

Leave me know, if i can't help i might be able to point you in the right direction

Thanks for that reply, I do appreciate it! I am back in the UK now finishing up so I don't need it.
    Very nice of you to offer the setup though!

:)

Advertisement