Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munchies sandwich pricing

Options
  • 12-11-2013 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I went to Munchies on Baggot Street for the first time and got a sandwich with three fillings and relish and was charged €5.40.

Now, the point is, when I get that exact sandwich in other branches it costs €4.80. Sometimes less!

I mentioned this to the girl in the shop and she did the maths in her head and said "no, its €5.40". I didn't make a big deal for the sake of 60c, but do Munchies not have a pricing structure as a franchise? Or can the individual stores charge whatever they want?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Yesterday I went to Munchies on Baggot Street for the first time and got a sandwich with three fillings and relish and was charged €5.40.

Now, the point is, when I get that exact sandwich in other branches it costs €4.80. Sometimes less!

I mentioned this to the girl in the shop and she did the maths in her head and said "no, its €5.40". I didn't make a big deal for the sake of 60c, but do Munchies not have a pricing structure as a franchise? Or can the individual stores charge whatever they want?

It might be a bad comparison but I notice the same with Topaz. One branch charges 1.49 a litre whilst another charges 1.54!? You'd assume it being under the same name prices would reflect that. Maybe it's to do with the franchise aspect of the business?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Faith+1 wrote: »
    It might be a bad comparison but I notice the same with Topaz. One branch charges 1.49 a litre whilst another charges 1.54!? You'd assume it being under the same name prices would reflect that. Maybe it's to do with the franchise aspect of the business?

Ugghh ..All petrol stations charge different prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Ugghh ..All petrol stations charge different prices.

Well I suppose its because you'd think all Topaz's should be the same... Topaz generally tends to be the more expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Well I suppose its because you'd think all Topaz's should be the same.
    I wouldn't, a petrol station in a prime busy location is going to cost a hell of a lot more, so I expect to pay for some of that rent/lease/whatever.

Some airport fast food places might not do offers the other branches do either.

The menus are online if you want to check for differences
    http://www.munchies.ie/munchiesOrderingSystem/store.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

rubadub wrote: »
    I wouldn't, a petrol station in a prime busy location is going to cost a hell of a lot more, so I expect to pay for some of that rent/lease/whatever.

Some airport fast food places might not do offers the other branches do either.

The menus are online if you want to check for differences
    http://www.munchies.ie/munchiesOrderingSystem/store.aspx

I ordered "off the menu". They are pricey sandwiches anyway but they are pretty nice.

That said I got a lovely sandwich made in KC Peaches on Nassau street and it was under a fiver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just picked a random one there, BLT is 4.00 in sandyford, 3.90 in baggot street

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭doublej

There are many different retailing modules, only the ones that are centrally controlled will manage to have identical prices in all branches.

The franchised outlet will not be obliged to sell at RRP or take part in all promotions but will be expected to present a uniform approach in design and range.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

Stopped going to Sandyford branch because of their adjustable pricing policy, also they offer butter or mayo and if you ask for both its an extra 40cent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Well I suppose its because you'd think all Topaz's should be the same... Topaz generally tends to be the more expensive though.

Its always been that way.

I wouldn't say Topaz is more expensive in general either.

http://www.pumps.ie/

Advertisement