Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LY318 Culinary arts and food tech

• 12-11-2013 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Does anyone know anything about this course,think it might be new,dont see it listed on the points list for last year.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I think this is a new program.
    There has been a Culinary Arts Degree for years, very highly regarded, and from what I hear, has far better facilities and teacher / student ratio than DIT.

The course you refer to, Culinary Arts & Food Tech, is a 4 year, honors degree.
    You can find more info here : LINK

You do know that this course is ran from the Killybegs Campus, and not actually in Letterkenny?

I'm not doing this course, but feel free to ask questions, and I see what info I can find.

HTH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 junior c

Thanks mrmac,yes it looks like a new course.Filling out the cao and looking at culinary courses .I think I will do Culinary Arts first at level 6, as im really interested in the chef side.Are you doing Culinary Arts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

I'm bit late at this stage but I'm studying Higher Certificate Culinary Arts. Just finished my first semester in first year. Really enjoyed it. teachers are great, as long as you show up for classes/ do your work etc. As above it is a fantastic course and the kitchens are very good.

http://www.lyit.ie/courses/gastronomyculinaryarts/ly318/

The HCCA course is the same as THIS coarse apart from the fact the BA corses has 3rd year and the HCCA course has only two years. But if you done the HCCA course you always have the option of doing the 3rd year.

Don't know much about the course your talking about. But if you wish to be a chef, id definitly recommend one of the above.

Advertisement