Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duel of Champions - Might & Magic Online Card Game

Options
  • 12-11-2013 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Anybody playing this?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/256410/

I'm a (very) casual Magic The Gathering player. The online version is a money sink though, and Duels of the Planeswalkers while a lot of fun is a little restrictive. Gave this a go the last few days and quite liking it so far, seems to be a nice balance between the two.

Free to play. Very short (and clearly unfinished) single player campaign gets you up and running with two decks by the end of it, along with enough gold to buy a box of just over 100 cards, and a few "wildcards" to trade for any card you want.

On the down side...the interface is terrible, cards are fairly hard to read when not zoomed in. There's no search function when you're deck building or looking for a card to buy, which is unforgivable really, and overall the game lacks a bit of polish when compared to Duels of the Planeswalkers, which has a really great interface.

I've never played Hearthstone though, so a bit reluctant to get into this since Hearthstone is apparently in open beta next month, which I'll definitely be checking out. Anybody played both?

Advertisement